Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Is learning an instrument really that hard?

        As a dancer, i have a natural connection with the music I dance to. Yes, dance moves are a huge part of a routine, but what really makes it come to life? Beautiful music composed by instruments of course! Knowing this has always made me interested in how instruments are played and what it takes to be able to play different types of music.

    The school I attend provides Genius Hour the last nine weeks of school. This is an hour in which you learn what you are interested in. Therefore, I picked an INSTRUMENT! Of course I can't get too ahead of myself and start learning all of the instruments... So I chose the Cello! My wonderful friend Deja is teaching me how to play in exchange for me teaching her the basics of dance.

       Excitingly, Deja and I have already started lessons! She and I both are working hard to learn something new! So greatful that I have an opportunity to learn something completely different than what I'm used to.

9 comments:

  1. Playing an instument is really fun but also hard at times. But I hope that you will enjoy playing the cello, it's a beautiful instrument

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing, Morgan! The cello is a lovely instrument, though it can be challenging, so I wish you the best with your lessons. I hope by the end of genius hour you can play us something! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Morgan!! I wish you the best of luck with playing the cello!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Morgan!! I wish you the best of luck with playing the cello!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Playing an instrument sounds fun yet hard at the same time wish you luck on learning how to play the cello.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you can play the cello as good as you dance. I play the violin and I know it can be very frustrating. Hang in there with your learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am excited to you play the cello, I've always wanted to know how hard it is to play an instrument, but I can't wait to see your process and see how you did! Hang in there Morgan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with this amazing experiment! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with this amazing experiment! (:

    ReplyDelete