Sunday, April 26, 2015

Progressing!

Learning how to play the Cello has been getting easier! I'm progressing in putting my fingers where they need to be and making the correct sound. The cello is very strict because if your fingers arent exactly where they need to be, it will sound completely off. Your note you are trying to play can go flat instantly if you don't pay attention. 

Playing the cello is also a good brain exercise! It makes me think really hard about what I'm doing. It also works out the muscles in my fingers. After quite a while of playing, I will develope muscle memory... Not really sure I will be playing the cello for much longer after genius hour though. #danceislife  

I'm EXTREMELY thankful for Deja and all of her help! She helps me stay focused and teaches me the material I absolutely need for playing such a beautiful instrument. This week I am planning on video taping myself playing the cello. Don't count on a song YET! Still working on the notes. Stay tuned to see me progress in learning the cello(:


3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Morgan! I'm still proud of you for continuing to learn. It's hard, but worth it. I can't wait to see the video!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited to see your piece! I want to learn to play an instrument, so I'm glad to hear from one of my classmates about the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! As long as you're trying, thats all that matters but once you learn how to play a song, I want to hear:)

    ReplyDelete